Tickets are now on sale for Bournville BookFest 2017 – a 10-day celebration of storytelling for children taking place in 15 different venues across Birmingham this Spring.
From Friday 17 March to Sunday March 26, Busy Parents Network has invited vast array of authors, artists, and actors to ignite young imaginations. There will comic-writing, drama, pirates, writing your own adventures, a guinea pig party, singing, dance, animation, toddler under-the-sea adventures, bedtime stories, Fairy Tale trail, and the chance to meet your favourite authors. From singing sessions for 2 year olds, to writing workshops for 8-12 year olds, there really is something for everyone.
* Draw Harry Potter with award-winning illustrator Jonny Duddle
* Sing along to Roald Dahl’s Revolting Rhymes
* Have a selfie with Winnie the Witch
* Pirates and Pants with Chloe Inkpen
* Write animal stories with Piers Torday
* Draw, sing and make bear masks with David Litchfield The Bear & Piano.
There’s a host of creative BookFest events for teenagers and young adults too, including:
* Beatboxing with Midé Naike of The Sons of Pitches (Naked Choir winners)
* Everest adventures with climber Matt Dickinson
* Create an Art Deco selfie
* Teen takeover at P-Cafe – a spoken word event plus open mic spots.
Bournville BookFest is organised by multi-award winning Busy Parents Network, a community social enterprise based at Bournville Community Hub. Busy Parents is also the team behind Magical Lands and Bournville Scarecrow Festival.
Director Sarah Mullen said: ” From humble beginnings four years ago, Bournville BookFest is growing fast and going from strength to strength every year. We’re delighted to be able to bring an affordable children’s BookFest to Birmingham with the aims of celebrating and encouraging storytelling in all its many forms. We hope you can join us for one of our fantastic events. We guarantee a warm welcome!”
Tickets from just £3.50. Details of the whole programme and ticket sales are all online at: www.bournvillebookfest.com.