To support ‘Lots Happening in Our Parks’ Stirchley Happenings is seeking an environmental artist to deliver a participatory drop-in workshop (suitable for families) as part of a Constituency ‘ArtSoak’.
Selly Oak Local Arts Forum was formed in February 2011 to develop and establish a grass-roots arts infrastructure for sharing information, profile raising and collaborative working. In each Constituency a small local Arts organisation has led the establishment of the arts forum; Stirchley happenings are currently leading the forum for the Selly Oak Constituency.
‘ArtSoak’ is a concentration of Arts Activity in various locations across the Selly Oak Constituency on Saturday 24th March 2012.
This opportunity will take place as part of a Valley Riverside Project working day on Billesley Common engaging local residents in participatory Environmental Arts activity through the commissioning of a local environmental artist.
Natural materials are available due to recent work undertaken by the local park rangers, where possible we would like you to utilise the resources available. A gazebo can be provided but it would be preferable for the appointed artist to supply their own shelter for the activity.
We particularly welcome applications from residents of Selly Oak Constituency – covering Brandwood, Billesley, Bournville and Selly Oak wards – for more information see www.birmingham.gov.uk/constituencies.
The fee for this opportunity is £120 (inclusive of expenses, travel, material and VAT) for 3 hours of workshop delivery 10:30 – 13:30.
To apply please email your responses to the following questions attaching at least three examples of your participatory work, your CV, two references, and and details of your public liability insurance as an artist/ arts organisation, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The below information can also be found on the downloadable artist’s brief:
Don’t forget to include;
Your Name (if you are applying as an individual) or the name of your organisation, Website (if relevant) and contact details (Address, Telephone number and Email)
- Please give us a brief description of your participatory arts track record. For example, your experience gained as a practicing artist, in an arts organisation or in a community, education, voluntary, commercial or other context or setting (Please mention any websites or attach photos and CVs).
- Please give us a brief description of the activity you are planning to do. Include information on what work you have done already, what you want to do, who will benefit, and why it is important to you and others.
- Selly Oak Constituency Arts Forum will promote this activity through its networks. How can you contribute to the promotion of this activity?
- Please give us brief details of the main items of expenditure for your activity.
- There are other opportunities at ArtSoak – would you also be interested in any of the following?
- Exhibiting art work (if yes, please indicate whether you mind your work being exhibited outdoors)
- Volunteering by helping to set-up/take down the event, distributing flyers about the event, taking photographs or writing reviews on Selly Oak Arts Activity around ArtSoak (Sat 24th March)
Process for selection
Your proposal, images and CV will be discussed at the next Selly Oak Art Forum meeting. This will be an open meeting and you welcome to attend however, due to conflict of interest you may not be involved in discussions about your application.
Successful artists will be notified via email/phone by Monday 5th March 2012.
Please inform us if you are not happy for information contained within your application to be kept by the art forum ad shared with other parties for other opportunities at Constituency venues and events
Please note, if you are successful, we will need to see your own in date public liability insurance as an artist or an arts organisation and a risk assessment for your proposed activity. Unfortunately, we will not be able to work with any artists who cannot supply these documents.
Please submit your application electronically by 5pm Monday 27th February 2012 to:
Lydia Miller, ArtSoak Co-ordinator
Selly Oak ArtSoak; immerse yourself in your local arts scene
Saturday 24th March 2012